Horizontal 728*15

Thursday 1 August 2013

Thinai Urundai

          Even though my native is Nellai, i have been completely bought up in Chennai...
I am used to few traditional  recipes but, never come across most of the millets...

This is the first time i have tried my hands in Thinai / Foxtail millet, i really excited to make this thinai urundai, as i am going to taste it first time and also this will conclude whether i try any other recipes using thinai further or not.
I washed it well and sun dried it...

Ingredients:
Thinai / Foxtail millet - 2 cup
Jaggery - 1 & 1/2 cup
Ghee - 3/4 cup
nuts - 2 tbs


Method:
Dry roasted thinai along with cardamon and grinded to powder (I grinded by giving it to the flour Mill), then added gratted jaggery,  roasted nuts and a hot ghee....mixed well to make a ball shape with the powder.
Keep in airtight container...Healthy tasty snack.

And one more thing, i am really eagar to try other recipes of thinai sooon...wait fo it.

 

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog, your comments means a lot to me...