Shallot - 20 nos.
Curry leaves - few
Mustard seed - 1/4 teaspoon
Tamarind - 1 big gooseberry size or thick extract of 1/2 cup.
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
To Dry Roast and Grind.
Coconut - 1 cup
Coriander powder - 4 teaspoon
Red chilly powder - 2 teaspoon
Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek - 10 nos.
- Heat a pan and dry roast all the ingredients given under "To Dry Roast and Grind"
- While roasting first add dry coconut and roast until it turns light golden, then add other ingredients and roast it until the nice aroma comes.
- Once it attains room temperature grind it to smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Peel the skin of Shallots, if it is larger in size cut it to 2 or 3 length wise.
- Heat a pan with a 1 tablespoon oil and season it with mustard and curry leaves.
- Add the shallots and saute until it turns light golden brown.
- Add tamarind extract and allow to boil for couple of minutes.
- Add salt as required.
- Add the grinded masala, mix well and cook in slow flame until the oil oozes out.
- Once the nice aroma comes switch off and serve it.