It's a South Indian style spiced butter milk. It's apt healthy summer special drink to keep the body cool.
Apart from this, it's has a special place during Tamil New Year and on Rama Navami, it's offered to God on both these festival day (as Neivedhyam). As Rama Navami is approaching i planned to post this simple recipe in my blog.
Curd - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
Asafoedita - 2 pinch
Chilly - 1 no.
Ginger - a small piece
Jeera - 1/4 teaspoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - Few
- Grind Chilly, Ginger and Jeera in a hand motor pestle and keep it aside.
- Chop the coriander leaves finely and keep it aside.
- In a shallow vessel add curd, water and churn it using whisk or Mathu.
- Add asafeodita and salt in the butter milk.
- Heat a pan with oil and season mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoned ingredient to the butter milk.
- Add the grinded masala and coriander leaves.
- Chill and serve it.