Horizontal 728*15

Monday 16 September 2013

Red Samba Rice Cooking

               It's a rice used for regular meals in Kerala, I have taken this rice in the form of puttu or kuzhukattai but recently got a chance to taste the cooked rice in Hotel "Sanjeevanam", there I had it with a spoon of ghee and sambar at the end of Raja bhojan...
Sticky, bit thick, doesn't have any particular taste but a pack of nutritious content.
Red rice is also called Matta rice, Rose matta rice and Samba...
On the day of Onam I want to cook this rice, On a recent visit  to my native Nellai I bought just 1 kg of this rice for 40 Rs.  Hmm its a time to try this.


Ingredients:
Red Samba rice - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups

Method

Wash the rice well and pressure cook it with 3 cup of water up to 3 to 4 whistle.

Water and pressure cooking time may vary as per the type of rice and cooker type...it can be learnt by trial.

 

6 comments:

  1. Not sure if I can find samba rice over here but certainly its very unique and I wish I can try some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy food......
    x❤x❤
    http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My childhood favorite with parippu..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow very very healthy rice recipe :) haven't ever tasted samba rice wud love to taste it now !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, your comments means a lot to me...