I love to make one pot recipe which is easy to make and time saving. This one is very simple Veg biryani with minimal ingredients.
When it comes to biryani or Pulao the main part is basmati rice, here for this recipe you can use any branded basmati rice, Jeeraga Samba rice or any long grain rice but in the case of long grain rice i found the flavor is bit missing.
And regarding vegetables you can use, Frozen Peas, Potatoes, Beans, Carrot
Here goes the recipe
Rice - 2 cups
Water - 4 cups
Oil - 1 table spoon
Bay leaf, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves - each one
Ginger, Garlic Paste - 2 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Mint leaves - 1 handful
Green Chilly - 1
Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mixed Vegetables - 1 & 1/2 cups
2. Grind ginger, garlic, fennel seeds and mint leaves and keep it aside
3. Slice onion and cube or julienne other vegetables as per your wish.
4. Heat a pressure pan with a tablespoon of oil and add the spices like bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves.
5. Add the slit chilly and onion, saute for a minute and add the grinded ginger garlic masala.
6. Once the raw smell goes, add tomatoes, chilly powder, garam masala powder and salt.
7. Saute will till all the ingredients get mixed well
8. Add the Vegetables and saute for a minute.
9. Now add the washed rice and mix it with vegetables and masala.
10. Add 4 cups of water for 2 cups of rice.
11. Close and pressure cook for 2 whistle.
12. Once the pressure goes off, remove the lid and mix the Vegetable briyani smoothly.