Horizontal 728*15

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Poondu Karuvepillai Kuzhambu

             Garlic Curry Leaves Gravy   

                     I like the taste of garlic when it is tempered in lemon rice, yes first time I have seen my MIL used garlic to temper lemon rice...From that day I never missed doing it whenever I use to prepare lemon rice.
Apart from that I like the taste of garlic in Kara Kuzhambu, Vathal Kuzhambu, Murungai Keerai poriyal and the list continues :)
Today I have made this Poondu Karuvepillai kuzhambu, it taste great with rice with a bit of ghee...Pappad is more than enough as a side dish.
The consistency of the Kuzhambu will be thicker like thokku, it goes even well with hot idly and dosai.
 


Ingredients:

Garlic - 20 nos.
Curry leaves - hand full
Onion - 2 nos.
Tomato - 1 no.
Dried Red chilly - 1
chilly powder - 1 tsp (can add according to your req. spice level)
coriander powder - 3 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Gingelly oil - 1tbsp
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind paste  - 2 tsp


Method:

Dry roast curry leaves and grind it along with tomatoes.
Peel the outer layer of garlic and keep it ready.
Finely chop the onion.

Heat a pan, add oil  and temper with mustard, dried red chilly, curry leaves, garlic and onion.
Once the onion turns golden brown add the tomato curry leaves paste.
Sauté well until the raw smell goes.
Add chilly powder, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder.
Once the masala got fried add the tamarind paste and required amount of water.
It should be thicker so add just little water. close the lid and allow it to be in simmer for 5 mins.
If you check it, you can see it emits the oil...Switch off and serve it with rice , idly or Dosai.


Also I am sending this to Side Dish Mela Event @ Srivalli's blog
 

5 comments:

  1. delicious side dish for rice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.....my favorite ma.Perfectly made.

    x❤x❤
    http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super healthy and delicious kuzhambu, my hubbies fav, you made so nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Priya, for stopping here and for your lovely comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is delicious with either roti or rice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, your comments means a lot to me...